Simon Sinek‘s top rules for success are complied in this interesting video. Whatever you want to do with your life it is always interesting to see what truly successful thought leaders consider to be important factors in achieving success.
Simon Sinek, Motivational Speaker
Simon Sinek is a powerful speaker whose ideas are equally applicable to everyday life, to being outstanding in your job or to running a business.
His 10 top rules for success
- Break the rules – Don’t be the same as everyone else, or every other business. Stand out.
- Train your mind – Be a lifelong learner with an enquiring mind, seeking truth and new perspectives.
- Be patient – Sometimes the best things in life take time. Don’t rush it.
- Take accountability – Be responsible for your own actions, and acknowledge your mistakes.
- Outdo yourself – Don’t settle for mediocrity. Always try to better your past results.
- Stack the decks – Ensure that you put in place as many advantages as possible to ensure your success.
- Be the last to speak – Listen to others’ opinions. In negotiations the person who speaks first usually loses.
- Be authentic – Always be true to yourself. There is no one else exactly like you, and authenticity shines out.
- Find your passion – If you love doing something you will do it extremely well. And you’ll love doing it!
- Start with WHY – Understand your own WHY for whatever you are doing. If you are marketing or trying to persuade someone about anything start with the WHY it is right for them, not the details or features.
Don’t Give Up
One of my top rules for success is Don’t Give Up. If you keep on going there’s always a chance that you will reach your goals in the end.
Other than that omission I agree with this list, but would have put my own rules for success in a different order, perhaps beginning with number 9, then number 8, followed closely by number 10. What do you think?